SSA meetings are generally planned for the first Wednesday of every month at 3:15 pm in the Multi-purpose room except for the annual lottery. The meetings are open to all LBCS parents.
SSA Meeting Dates for 2017-2018:
- September 6
- October 4
- November 1
- December 13 - Kindergarten lottery will start at 4 pm.
- February 7
- March 7
- April 4
- May 2
The primary objectives of the School Site Alliance (SSA) shall be to help identify needs and offer advice to administration. Through a community-wide commitment, the team will foster a positive learning environment, which sets high expectations and meets the needs of the student body. The School Site Alliance shall be a link between the school and the local community and will serve as a means for participatory guidance through which the various stakeholders in the school community may assist the school and the school may assist the community. The stakeholders are parents, students, other community representatives, professional educators, and other school staff. The School Site Alliance shall be a resource to the school and school director.
Some of the resposibilities of our SSAThe Alliance will be responsible for:
- Offer input program and school logistics
- Help identify needs and opportunities
- Assisting in the coordination of special events
- Parental/community involvement projects
- Public relations
- Enlisting volunteers
- Annual Safety Plan Update
- Annual Kindergarten Lottery
- Annual Community Survey
- Input on the Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP)